- 225 g (1 ½ cups) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 100 g unsalted butter
- at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 75 g sour cream
- To make the dough, combine all the ingredients either in a food processor or by hand.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out to a 3 mm thickness.
- With an 8–9 cm diameter cookie cutter or glass, cut out circles from the dough.
- Place a teaspoon of your filling on each circle.
- Bring the three sides of the circle up into the centre (leaving a small opening at the top if you wish) to form a triangular pastry, pinching the three ‘joined edges’ to seal.